04 August 2011

Mahaakshay’s a family man!


Mahakshy Chakraborty


Mahaakshay Chakraborty is a family man. In  fact, this birthday, the actor who made his mark with Vikram Bhatt’s Haunted -- India’s first Indian stereo-scopic 3-D horror film, preferred to spend the day at his home with his family. “It was a quiet family lunch. I prefer spending my birthday with those I cherish. I am no party animal,” he confesses. “I am in films because I love the business of cinema. Whether it be donning makeup, the arclights or facing the camera, it is a passion. And now, I think, with success comes a responsibility. And I want to do films that will make my dad proud.”
Mahaakshay Chakraborty's next film Tukka Fit is a comedy film by a debutant director Vinay. Says he, “I chose a comedy because it is diametrically different from Haunted. I owe my life to Vikram Bhatt who believed in me. And now, I want to live up to the expectations of the common man who puts his hard-earned money to buy a ticket to watch a film.”
And of course, family matters most. “Mom doesn’t say much but I can read it in her eyes. And dad, he told me after Haunted, ‘Mimoh, now I find life is beautiful wherever I go.’ I want him to feel that way, always.”
Looks like this young lad’s attitude will surely take him places.

No comments: